Avoiding Device Return Pitfalls
However, this increase has not transferred to the enterprise business space in which only about 20–25% of devices get returned. Why is that?
Here are three significant reasons:
1. People don’t understand the company’s position on the value of an older device and thus do not take the time to send it back.
2. Employees do not know there is a program in place to send back their older devices when they leave the company or are upgraded to a newer device
3. Employees are aware of a program, but the return is too confusing and cumbersome, so they don’t follow through.
While these pitfalls are common, they’re also easy to remedy. Here are some ways enterprise organizations can improve their company’s return rate:
- Provide a device return automatically triggered through Service Now (or similar functioning ticket system) when an upgrade is scheduled.
- Email instructions to employees explaining how to detach the device from DEP and Find My Phone / Google locks.
- Send return kits.
- Integrate an online platform for senior teams and administrators to monitor returns and see where there is non-adherence to the company policies. Then follow-up with these employees to send back their devices.
- Create return labels directly from the online platform for your administers who collect multiple devices per location.
- Offer fast payment turnaround.
- Securely wipe all device data.
Implementing the above will help increase your company from 25% to a potential 95% return rate. These benefits are significant and boost your company’s revenue and improve data security.
To learn more about how Trinitas can help you meet these goals, let’s have a call to see where you can improve your device return process. Schedule your free assessment today.
Schedule a 15-minute call with me to go over how much you can save.
We’ll discuss strategic solutions you can immediately implement whether you choose to work with Trinitas or not.
Simplification isn’t simple, but it’s our specialty.
In a recent article for ciodive.com, CTO and ICF Kyle Tuberson examines why so many IT modernizations are unsuccessful....
Day-to-day life carried a certain amount of redundancy before the pandemic. Now, one year into COVID life and working from...